Monday, August 5, 2013

MOTD- Claire's Nail Polish "Surprise Party"

Hi everyone!

I don't know about where you live, but in Delaware, the weather was fantastic today! I don't think it got above 80 degrees, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky the whole day. I babysat my 3 and 1 year old neighbors, and we just ran around and played outside for hours. I love these kinds of perfect summer days! I wish we had more of them!

Such a beautiful, sunny day called for a beautiful, summery color. And what better polish than a glitter polish to represent the shine of the sun?! I also had a huge purple craving today, so my new Claire's polish seemed to quench all of my polish thirsts!

Image

"Surprise Party" is a deep red-purple jelly base (sooo squishy, it'd be great on it's own, too!) with all sorts of colors of moderately sized hex glitters. The glitters sort of rise to the top of the polish on the nail, so with one coat, it looks like the glitter is a separate nail polish on top of the purple. However, after a second coat, the glitter gets more of a "3D" appearance, with some of the glitter being "sandwiched" in the purple jelly. Just a warning to people who hate rough textured nail polish, this will dry somewhat roughly due to the glitter density (and the density/placement of the glitter is pretty spot on with 2-3 coats). To fix this, a few coats of top coat should solve your problem. Two coats of Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Color in "Flawless" did the trick for me!

Overall, I'm a big fan of this polish. I actually got it for free from Claire's as part of a "buy 2 get one free" deal about two weeks ago (and it might still be running at some locations). It's a great, bright, and bold color perfect for the liveliness of summer. Below are pictures of sunlight and indoor lighting with 3 coats of "Surprise Party" and 2 coats of Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Color in "Flawless", no base coat.

Image

 

Sunlight

Image

 

Indoor light

Image

 

Sunlight

Sorry for the messy cuticles, I had a cut on one of them and didn't want to get anywhere near it with acetone! 

So what do you think of this jelly glitter bomb? Will you be wearing a fun, sparkly color to celebrate August and the lazy days of summer? Leave your thoughts in the comments!

~Beth~

3 comments:

  1. As do I! Unfortunately, I don't love it so much when I'm removing it- it's horrible to take off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, right, its always a pain, thats why i like to put a base color under a glitter polish, seems to come off easier than the whole nail being glitter

    ReplyDelete